Northeast PA is a unique combination of modern businesses, historical sites, and endless mountains.
There are so many activities available nearby, you may have a hard time choosing just one. We’ll be happy to provide you, your group, family or company specific information on any of the many area attractions listed below. Just ask!
Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs Casino and Racetrack
We are the closest hotel to the first casino in Pennsylvania – Mohegan Sun Casino at Pocono Downs. Hop on our complimentary shuttle to fun and gambling.
Outdoor Parks & Trails
Nature is all around The Woodlands.
• Frances Slocum State Park
• Kirby Park
• Moon Lake County Park
• PPL Riverlands Recreation Park
• Ricketts Glen State Park
• The Tubs Nature Park
Sports & Recreation
Skiing, golfing, professional sports – all within an easy drive.
• Pocono Raceway
• Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
• Montage Mountain Ski Resort and Water Park
• Stock Car Racing Experience at Pocono Raceway
• Blue Ridge Trail Golf Club
• W-B/Scranton Penguins Hockey
• Whitewater Challengers
• Wachovia Arena at Casey Plaza
• Jack Frost National Golf Club
• Jack Frost Big Boulder Ski Area
Historical, Attractions & Sightseeing
We are fortunate to be located in an area rich in history. Take an architectural walking tour of downtown Wilkes-Barre to a trip down into a coal mine. Click on the links below to find out more about the great northeast PA.
• Eckley Miners’ Village
• Lackawanna Coal Mine Tour
• Steamtown National Historic Site
• Penn’s Peak Venue
• The Lion Brewery, Inc.
• Greater Hazleton Historical Society Museum
• Electric City Trolley Station and Museum
• Houdini Tour & Museum
• Nathan Denison House
• The Swetland Homestead
• Ralph Pope Luncheon Productions
• Frederick Stegmaier Mansion
• Susquehanna Energy Information Center/PP&L
Arts and Theatre
Interesting galleries await you. Professional performances and local productions abound.
• Arts Youniverse
• Little Theatre of Wilkes-Barre
• MacDonald Art Gallery
• Music Box Dinner Theater
• F.M. Kirby Center for the Performing Arts
• Northeastern PA Philharmonic
• Scranton Cultural Center
• Sordoni Art Gallery
• Widmann Art Gallery
• Everhart Museum
• The Lands at Hillside Farm
A unique part of the heritage of the Wyoming Valley, this working farm is open to the public and offers many seasonal activities.
• Luzerne County Convention and Visitors Bureau
• Greater Wilkes-Barre Chamber of Commerce
• Northeast Pennsylvania Convention and Visitors Bureau